Shed Guttering and Rainwater Diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new shed and fitted guttering and downpipe from the Wickes Miniline range with 50mm dia downpipe.

Now I cannot find a rainwater diverter anywhere that will take this size of downpipe. I was thinking of using an adapter to fit a short length of 68mm dia (or even replace the whole downpipe with 68mm) but cannot find a 50mm/68mm adapter either.

Grateful for any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Not following you, Wickes do both 112.5 bends and shoes both of which will do the job? ...pinenot :)

Perhaps I didn't explain very well. I know I can plumb the downpipe direct into the water butt. What I am looking to fit is a diverter that directs water from the downpipe into the butt until its full. Then water reverts to the downpipe and the drainage system, rather than the water but overflowing.

Wickes (and B&Q and several others) market such a diverter but it only takes 68mm dia downpipe, not 50mm. Neither does there seem to be a 50mm to 68mm adapter section tochange downpipe size.

I think I will have to fabricate something

Sponsored Links
Now why didn't my search find that? Many thanks, will chase one down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back