Shed straight concentric supply query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note, though, that Simon understands as little about the discussion as watson does.
You keep claiming that, yet you consistently fail to provide any evidence to support your position. Since you are so sure, please cite the definition of "sheath" which a continuous "tube" does NOT meet. Unless you can then you have no basis for your argument since it really comes down to "a sheath is something that has been officially called 'the sheath'" - which is somewhat at odds with what everyone except you understands as the meaning of "sheath".

Sponsored Links
I think the numptys have declared that swa cable should not be buried below ground. We're all doomed.
No - despite JohnW2's juvenile mischief-making, that's never been even suggested by anybody.

The reasoned and measured debate :mrgreen: has been about whether it's OK to directly bury Flexishield type cables.

Sponsored Links
So, you still don't actually have an argument, and are still relying on "someone didn't call it a sheath therefore it cannot be a sheath" which is just plain bonkers. So, do you actually have a definition for "sheath" other than "a covering on a cable" (which the aluminium tube meets) ?
Since you've gone to great lengths to avoid answering, one has to assume that no you don't. In the absence of such a definition, you are just wrong.

I was wondering where else this thread could possibly go, turns out however bad things are, there's always somewhere lower.:rolleyes:

So, you still don't actually have an argument, and are still relying on "someone didn't call it a sheath therefore it cannot be a sheath" which is just plain bonkers. So, do you actually have a definition for "sheath" other than "a covering on a cable" (which the aluminium tube meets) ?
Since you've gone to great lengths to avoid answering, one has to assume that no you don't. In the absence of such a definition, you are just wrong.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/shed-straight-concentric-supply-query.495490/page-8#post-4070179

Anyway - you don't have to argue with me any more, you can start up with watson.

I mean - surely it hasn't been personal all this time, and that you don't actually believe what you say, you just wanted to shout at me?

Yes, you've posted that moree than once now - but it doesn't back up your argument. The cable you posted a description of has an aluminium tube - you still haven't come up with ANY explanation as to why that is not "a sheath" other than "they didn't call it a sheath". Unless you can come up with a definition of "sheath" which would make that tube "not a sheath" then the cable does have a sheath - and since it is metallic, then it meets the description of "metallic sheath" being discussed.
So, once again - where is your definition of sheath that makes this aluminium tube NOT a sheath ? Where is your definition that only the outermost layer of a cable can be a sheath ?

Where is your definition that only the outermost layer of a cable can be a sheath ?
A Google search for "double sheathed cable" (with the quotes) gets nearly 3,000 hits. Admitrtedly, many of them are what you and I would call 'insulated and sheathedd', but, this one, for example, has two non-metallic sheaths (obviously with only one of them being the 'outermost') as well as metallic layers ....
pl15662629-underwater_fiber_optic_cable_double_sheathed_cable_for_local_trunk_line.jpg

Kind Regards, John

... and one can even find a "triple sheathed cable" ( see here ) ....
We are the sole Distributor for RR Kabel in Southern & Western Rajasthan. We have special Triple Sheathed cable 16 X 4 Core & 25 X 4 Core Copper flexible PVC Armoured cable for mining use.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back