Shelf and rail in wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just finished the fitted cupboard's in our kit house and have the finishings pack i have the items to do the wardrobe's, i have never attempted one before, if i itemise what i have could you help me out a little, i have mdf shelving @ 400mm deep and battens, i also have the rail's but i have no idea at what height to put them, my wardrobes are 2200mm in 4 rooms and our room is 2900mm in lengh so am concerned the shelf will sag in the middle as can only be supported at the three edges,

does this help any

your advise is much appreciated,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bespoke

That's very helpful, another thought supporting the shelf along the front edge is my worry with the distance being so long, any ideas

Cheers

Mini1961

Sponsored Links
Thanks again i think my explination is being misinterperetated, let me explain further, the fitted cupboard's are stud work plasterboarded both sides formed at 600mm deep and full ceiling height 2400mm with an opening formed for sliding mirrored door on tracks, the doors are 2150mm high, does this help

So to clarify wardrobe internaly 600mm deep by 2400mm in height sliding door height 2150mm and mdf shelf @ 400mm deep,

Thanks again

Mini1961

Thank you Bespoke, :D Sorry you had to explain it twice to me, :oops: The drawing is perfect as they all have been, as i see from the drawing you added the intermidiate upright this i presume is due to the lengh and to support the front edge between the two sides,

I hope my wardrobes come out half as good as yours do,

Thank you again

Mini1961

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back