Shifting trapped air from CH after re-fill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can some please offer me some advice: I am re-filling my CH system today after a drain down but it seems to be taking ages to re-fill. Upstairs are the ones - downstairs seems ok but upstairs I have vented rads and hear hissing but no water yet, one rad just a few splutters.

Is this normal? Or has anyone had a similar experience? How can I shift this air that seems to be trapped?? It is driving me crazy!??! :(

Sponsored Links
Dammit, youre quick seco

Pooley,

What kind of system is, boiler & cylinder or combi.

Either way the quickest way to get rid of the air is to back fill. Attached hosepipe to drain cock on lowest rad and turn it on.

If on combi just fill until gauge at right level, if on open vented keep filling system until you (pref helper) can hear/see water emptying into f&e from vent pipe.

One quick question, if you are on open vented do you have the 3way valve in the maual position.

Rico

Hi guys - i have an o/v system - 3 port valve is open manually!! is the backfill safe? i won't flood the house out or anything??

Sponsored Links
not as long as the hose don't come off the draincock.

but i would want to know why its filling slow. ie muck etc.

sometimes running the pump can shift a airlock. providing theres enough water in the system

I do not know, the system may just have been badly piped up?? It is still the same .... maybe i'll do the back fill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back