Shiplap external timber supplies

Sponsored Links
>i used 86m for my shed [walls and roof]that was just enough <

86m? I've worked out that I need 135.2m for my shed including the floor but that includes doubling up the end studs on the walls that overlap as shown here http://www.buildeazy.com/shed_2.html.

The good news is that I can buy 47 x 75 sawn treated for 80p per metre so the price is coming near enough my budget; thanks for the advice.

I did think that 47 x 75 would be a bit light for floor joists but I suppose if I support them in the middle they should be fine.

Thanks again big all, you've been a great help.

my floor joists are 2ft apart and suported every 2ft along the length so suported by 6 joists accross at 0 2 4 6 8 and 10ft all 12ft long and suported 7 times so 7 times6 = 42 slabs with brick and felt on top

so floor bearers 30m +85m =115m

the 12ft walls 6 ft heigh times 7 =42ft top and bottom plate 24ft=66ft per side =132ft thats 40m

then 5 "a" frames for the roof @6.7m=33.5

that leaves 12m for the ends keeping in mind the ends arnt realy load bearing on my desighn and you dont need a top plate at one end as it fixes to the "a" frame and the other end is mostly door ;)

oohh and the head clearence is around 6ft5" as the bottom bit of the "A" frame is 6 inches above the wall plate

>my floor joists are 2ft apart and suported every 2ft along the length<

Ah! That explains things. You could hold a dance in your shed :LOL:

Sponsored Links
actualy i think its nearer 30 inches but you get the idea ;)

and look at my previous post as i have explaind more fully the need for 86m ;)

also forgot to mention the link dosnt work for me :rolleyes:

they double up in loads of places on that plan i havent found that nessesery apart from the inside face edge to make the wall plate at the top 5" wide to give the "A" frame more to sit on

even at the corners its single with both walls screwed to the single peice

dont forget my shed is 50% bigger than that plan and possible a tad more at 10x12 ft internal floor area although the 3" of the wood sit on the floor and buy the time i insulate and affix panels on the inside i will loose around 7" :rolleyes:

here a very very boring thread about my shed :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread.jspa?threadID=52704

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back