Shipping Container condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a brand new 20ft shipping container to store materials whilst I build a large garage. Because of the cold weather it is dripping with condensation inside, I may as well have stored things outside.
Can anyone suggest a cheap and easy insulation solution. I thought of gluing foam or something to the inside ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the seals are all OK ( repair if necessary) and throw a few bags of dessicant inside ( silica gel or similar ) - If there's no moisture in the air inside you won't get any condensation regardless of how cold it is outside.

Sponsored Links
If you can run a trailing lead to it, why not use a dehumifier. I have one in my shed/store at the moment where I keep outside machines and materials. There is no condensation whereas before it was dripping from the roof timbers.

If you can run a trailing lead to it, why not use a dehumifier. I have one in my shed/store at the moment where I keep outside machines and materials. There is no condensation whereas before it was dripping from the roof timbers.

Good thinking Batman ! - You'll also get a bit of heat from the dehumidifier which is useful in drying things out.

But why is there condensation ?

If it's unheated and not air-tight, then with same ambient inside and outside, there is no reason for condensation to form,

If no security problems, leave a door ajar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back