spray foam insulation in a shipping container

The inside of the container is still eventually going to end up the same temperature as the outside no matter how much insulation you stick in the walls. All additional insulation will do is slow the process down. And reduce the amount of moist air in the container as it's using up space I suppose. Ventilation is the only way to go, will stop it getting mouldy too.

Sponsored Links
Now this has got me thinking and I've got me a question.

Lots of these containers get loaded up in hot parts of the world where the air is moist and there is stuff floating in the air which doesn't half give you an itch if it gets into your undies.

So when the container gets closed up over there, and it gets hauled over here where it's generally brass monkey cold, do the lads who go in an unload the thing get covered in water that's condensed out?

And more importantly, do they start to scratch.

Must be a bugger if you've just shipped a few hundreds grands worth of plasma teles over and the container has dripped all over them.

coming back to this thread as the OP, in the event I left it as it was. I do use another shipping container which is much newer and that has a tiny vent - one each end. Also, the container is painted inside with a matt looking paint. I've read about anti condensation paints so I'm wondering whether the combo of the paint and the vents mean this newer container doesnt sweat. Interesting :)

Just take your dope plants out - simples.

Sponsored Links
lol thats the second time you've said that and the first time I just ignored it. So I have 2 20' containers full of dodgy plants yes lol ?

lol thats the second time you've said that and the first time I just ignored it. So I have 2 20' containers full of dodgy plants yes lol ?
Ignore it the second time too.

Yes. It's an old, old trick and the authorities are aware of it.

Ignore it the second time too.

yeh I know but its sat night, I'm sat here with a bottle of wine, missus and daughter are watching BGT and I'm bored. Presumably Joe90 is too. The notion that anyone who has a shipping container that sweats must be growing dope is laughable. presumably anyone who has ANY building with asbestos single skin roof that sweats (which they do) is also growing illegal substances. Oh yes just thinking, my van sweats in the winter (I can see droplets of water on the roof when i look inside) that must mean I've got this stuff in the back of my van also :confused: btw Joe I think I know here this thread is heading - I'll wait and see if I am correct :)

Your van has condensation because you breath in it.
Anyway your posts have been copied and posted to the relevant authorities and your IP address will be traced. I'd keep an eye in your rear view mirror if I were you.

More crooks are caught through the Internet than any other way. Everyone knows that.

I'm bored. Presumably Joe90 is too.

Anyway your posts have been copied and posted to the relevant authorities and your IP address will be traced.

So it would seem.

:D lol he is truly bored (and anonymous I wonder why) the blokes a nutter....

TO ANYONE FROM ANY AUTHORITY READING THIS, I RENT A 20' SHIPPING CONTAINER AND I AM GROWING DOPE IN IT. JOE90 HAS SUPPLIED ALL THE NECESSARY INFO (APPARENTLY THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO COME KNOCKING ON MY DOOR) I SHALL BE AT MY HOME ADDRESS THIS COMING MONDAY UNTIL 9AM THEN AT MY WORK ADDRESS FROM 9.30AM TILL 4PM. THIS IP ADDRESS IS FOR HOME SO MAKE SURE YOU'RE THERE BEFORE 9AM OR AFTER 5PM.

Heat seeking equipment not required - just ask me and I shall open the thing up for you :)

lol what more can I do to be open and transparent (unlike you) I would post my phone number up if it wasnt for google. Joe please promise me you will never have a career change and join the local CID :confused: :eek: :oops:

I shall give it a week and if I havnt heard from the police or customs or whoever Joe thinks might like to contact me,I'll then post a reminder on this thread to jolt their memory......

Sponsored Links
Back