Shocking response from police

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Myleene was aghast when she was told that the law did not allow her to defend herself in her own home

The police advised her, they never arrested her. Cant see what the officers did wrong apart from let her know the situation. The police do not make the laws

Heard a noise out front last night about 11.45pm and looking out saw a car slewed on to the central reservation. There was an argument going on between 3 youths and this one other lad who I suspect was the driver. Suddenly he was felled by a head butt and all 3 started to kick the hell out of him. Dialled 999 and before I had even finished relating what was happening there were 2 cars, 1 small van and a large riot van on the scene. No messing about, 3 youths in seperate vehicles and a paramedic who had turned up took care of the bloke on the ground. From start to finish it couldn't have taken more than 3 minutes from me ringing. Granted I live about 1½ miles centrally away from 2 stations but I was impressed with their reactions. And the good thing is none of them got out the cars/van to walk free. The driver was treated on the spot and allowed to drive away seemingly without too much harm being done.
So in this respect my hat off to the police.

Sponsored Links
I think that Myleen was very shocked and afraid at seeing those people and the fact that the police turn up in time quite often is hardly a comforting thought.

Myleene was aghast when she was told that the law did not allow her to defend herself in her own home

The police advised her, they never arrested her. Cant see what the officers did wrong apart from let her know the situation. The police do not make the laws

What they did wrong was advise her that having a knife at home was having an offencive weapon. My understanding is that you have to be in a public place to be arrested for possession of an offencive weapon.

Todays police are about as much use as a fart in a thunderstorm.

It's been said many times on here, but I would do what ever it took to protect my family, and deal with the consequences later.

I trust you would all do the same.

What they did wrong was advise her that having a knife at home was having an offencive weapon. My understanding is that you have to be in a public place to be arrested for possession of an offencive weapon.

Todays police are about as much use as a fart in a thunderstorm.

What they did was not wrong, having a knife at home is perfectly fine, as soon as you wave that knife at someone it becomes an offensive weapon, thats is the law. The police only advised her of that and took no further action.

It's been said many times on here, but I would do what ever it took to protect my family, and deal with the consequences later.

I trust you would all do the same.

Too right. So what if you get aggro from the rozzers afterwards. At least you and your family are safe. Shoot first, ask questions later. Basic survival.

Perfectly normal, much better to be in the warm talking to an attractive celebrity than out in the cold chasing yobs :LOL:

Okay to pontificate about what you should not do. But what you do is not premeditated and in a fit of panic could be seen as insane wereas those trespassers have premeditated their act upon you and you have no idea what they intend to do. Would those of you who now think she was wrong to shake the knife, say what she was to do after calling the police. I guess they did advise her what to do, like use a spoon instead maybe.

What they did was not wrong, having a knife at home is perfectly fine, as soon as you wave that knife at someone it becomes an offensive weapon, thats is the law. The police only advised her of that and took no further action.

A basic lack of common sense by the police shown to a woman in her own home with a baby.
I wonder what their response time was ?

When the police unholster their handgun and point it at someone thats an offensive weapon and have no more right to do so than a householder waving a knife at an intruder on their property IMO.

When the police unholster their handgun and point it at someone thats an offensive weapon and have no more right to do so than a householder waving a knife at an intruder on their property IMO.
unless it's at an innocent Brazilian electrician of course, in which case it's perfectly alright :confused:

unless it's at an innocent Brazilian electrician of course, in which case it's perfectly alright :confused:

Inocent - Electrician. In the same sentance? :LOL:

And the D I C K in charge got a mention in the New Years Honors list. WTF?

Sponsored Links