shocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evry time i get out of the misses corsa i get a shock of it, its started to happen when i get out of my van sometimes, only since ive been driving the car how do i stop it.

Sponsored Links
dont drive the car.

seriously its static, also depends what you are wearing (honest)

Try fitting an antistatic strip.It fits to the rear of the car,when the car is in motion the air movement lifts it,when the car stops it touches the ground and sends any build up of static to earth.
You can buy them at most motorist shops,not expensive.

This is a solution you can't "re-fuse" :idea:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Any ideas as to why it happens with some cars and not others? I had a Peugeot 405 that would really give you a jolt if you touched the bodywork as you got out (not in), but it's never happened to me with any other car. I assumed at the time it was an electrical fault somewhere but sold the car before I got round to diagnosing it. I don't recall having any peculiar clothing habits whilst I had the peugeot (like a penchant for woolly "val doonican" jumpers, etc!)

when the car stops it touches the ground and sends any build up of static to earth.

I don't know why some cars are affected and others are not,I just know it works.

:eek: :eek: :shock

My car shocks me quite often, but doesn't appear to shock other people.

One tip I read is to open the door, and hold on to the metal frame as you step onto the ground. That way you discharge the charge to ground without getting a spark.

AdamW said:
One tip I read is to open the door, and hold on to the metal frame as you step onto the ground. That way you discharge the charge to ground without getting a spark.

Nice tip mate - I'll have to give that one a go!

voicey said:
AdamW said:

Nice tip mate - I'll have to give that one a go!

I sometimes get a shock. :eek:
So what I do (when I remember that is), is to open door, get out, touch earth before car. Works for me.

is your car red.... every time i have had a red car or van i have had that but never any other colour

know idea why tho

Sponsored Links
Back