Shoddy combi install, mains water flush microbore a good idea?

Is it working ok? If so, add inhibitor and leave it alone.
it's working ok for now, but I would like to keep it that way long term.

I'll add inhibitor and leave it alone for the time being then. I'll ask for a flush of the system from whomever I find to change the gas pipe when I get some more paychecks in.

Sponsored Links
No he still paid peanuts. A decent combi would cost £1200 with the vat (materials)
So £1500 is still cheap he got a monkey who screwed him as he did a rough job, didn't flush it properly, didn't put auto air vents and most probably left it with low working pressure on the gas which would invalidate the warranty.
Not sure how low Vokera allow but 15mm is going to leave it too low on a condensing boiler.

Where is the list showing what us ordinary punters should aim to pay for combi installs and other sundry trade jobs then? Makes me cringe when trades tell posters they paid too low, got monkeys mate, when it's entirely job dependent. Fecking hate getting trades in for this reason, prefer just do it all myself. Happy days when great forums like this are free to access.

eyeballed without a pilot hole drilled.

What is wrong with that. I do it all the time.

I would have charged, and got it too, another £1k but boiler would have been £1k or so too. Gas line upgrade extra, cleaning extra too: megnaclean fitted as standard. No system interlock her- that would have been fitted.

Regularly see Such instals. Problem is, end user is sold a boiler he/ she knows nothing about Or what to expect. Often the installer wants to sling the boiler on the wall and that is it. Best to get an installer who will service the boiler too. If you
are looking at the bottom figure, often this is the result.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back