Shooting burglars

Sponsored Links
what is the legal position on taser guns?

Why the hell can't i keep one of these in my house to defend myself. They rarely kill or injure someone permanently.

what jail sentence would i risk if i got one of these in my house and used it on a burglar? Apparently you can buy them off the net...
Between seeing my family hurt or me going to prison i know what i'll choose...

A firearm on your bedside table :?: Wouldn't be much room for anything else with a shotgun or rifle there, as owning a handgun is illegal in the UK.

no, it depends on the type of handgun, some are legal if a little useless. anyway i was being facetious.

Which handguns are legal in the UK?

ball and cap, black powder, that kind of thing. pretty useless in a firefight as you take a while to reload. still lethal at any rate.

Sponsored Links
ST wrote

Normally if someone enters the home knowing there maybe occupants there this is the most dangerous type of criminal.

Softus wrote

Utterly wrong.

Can you give any explanation as to why you think this is utterly wrong ?.

ST wrote

Most crooks if they are career criminals do not want any type of confrontation most will hit a home during the day
Softus wrote
Utterly wrong.

Again can you give any explanation as to why you think this is utterly wrong ?.

Normally if someone enters the home knowing there maybe occupants there this is the most dangerous type of criminal.
Utterly wrong.
Can you give any explanation as to why you think this is utterly wrong?
Yes. Can you give any explanation as to why you think this is not utterly wrong?

Most crooks if they are career criminals do not want any type of confrontation most will hit a home during the day
Utterly wrong.
Again can you give any explanation as to why you think this is utterly wrong?
Yes. Can you give any explanation as to why you think this is not utterly wrong?

ST wrote

Softus wrote

Yes. Because if someone breaks into my home tonight with the full knowledge that myself and my family are present then I would describe that person as a very dangerous type of criminal and I would be very fearful.
In fact I would be petrified.

ST wrote

Softus wrote

Because most career criminals hit homes when no one is at home. My brother in law just had his home done over and his personal (expensive) laptop stolen.
My brother had a 2k quad bike stolen from property whilst no one was at home.
I could give you a list the length of me arm. :rolleyes:

There was a local guy knee capped recently (career criminal) and incidents in the area have dropped dramatically. :D

Because if someone breaks into my home tonight with the full knowledge that myself and my family are present then I would describe that person as a very dangerous type of criminal and I would be very fearful.
In fact I would be petrified.
You would be asleep.

It's unlikely that a burglar will want to wake you up - they're more interested in your car keys, credit cards, and small valuables.

Car thieves won't, because your car won't be as easy to steal when you're in the kitchen and/or the car is at work.

My brother in law just had his home done over and his personal (expensive) laptop stolen.
My brother had a 2k quad bike stolen from property whilst no one was at home.
I could give you a list the length of me arm. :rolleyes:
My dad's arm is longer than your dad's arm.

There was a local guy knee capped recently (career criminal) and incidents in the area have dropped dramatically. :D
So it was dangerous for him, not for his victims.

Softus said:
You would be asleep.
No I wouldn't.
I have three dogs.
They bark at the slightest disturbance outside.
OK, so your hypothesis is not actually a likely one.

Do you want to pick an example of something that could actually happen?

Just admit that you are utterly wrong in thinking that ST's statements were utterly wrong and we can let it go . :rolleyes:

Do you want to pick an example of something that could actually happen?
tumbleweed.gif

Get the burglar into a stress position and await the boys in blue.

WTF is a "stress posistion" ???

Is that like, the burglar is on the floor with me hovering over him with a baseball bat, while he kaks hisself in fear of being hit again?

I knew this guy he lives in the village I grew up in, he wouldnt have said boo to a goose and kept himself to himself, he does the most fabulous grass tennis courts

Nick” Baungartner

Sponsored Links
Back