Short Post, Tall Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In my garden I have a line of short concrete posts, 4ft tall, but I want a 6ft fence.

I could just purchase 6ft panels and live with the gap from 4 - 6ft where the post are, but its not ideal.

Anyone else done anything to get around this?

I don't really don't want to dig up the post and put new 6ft posts in

Sponsored Links
Could strap 6ft posts to the concrete ones but personally I’d bite the bullet and do it properly by starting afresh
Regards david

Sponsored Links
I did similar but it'll depend on the thickness of the concrete post as to whether you can use the above - if the bit of concrete separating the two panels is the same as for the timber post then you're good to go.

For me, because the concrete posts were a bit on the wonky side I cut some left over treated construction timber to slot between the panels and sit on top of the existing posts. I piloted and screwed through the side of the panels into the 'gap filling timber'.
Removing the old posts is going to be a nightmare job that I'm just not ready to tackle yet as they're also tied in to a retaining wall!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back