Shortening brickwall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Im going to be widening the driveway, and also making the brickwall and pier shorter for wider vehicle access.
Probably going to shorten it 2 brick lengths.

What is the best way to achieve this?
In terms of the pier, can I leave it in one piece and 'join' it to a short wall, or do I have to take it apart, or even maybe just split it in half or something?

I have an electric concrete cutter, and hammer and bolster too :)

Any tips would be really helpful as not sure what to do here to make it easy for myself.

wall1.jpg

wall2.PNG

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
best to mark both sides of the garden wall with the new driveway width - then you work from that line back.
the gate post will have to be carefully demolished, the bricks cleaned and then re-used to re-build the new gatepost.
no need for the concrete cutter on the wall rake out and tooth in the new join.

the brick capping and tile creasing that you now have are well done and clean. a good example.

Thanks. Can the gate post be demolished in sections say a few brick layers, and rebuilt with those sections, or will it have to be take apart and rebuilt brick by brick?

Sponsored Links
take it apart - brick by brick and tie the post bricks into the wall brickwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back