Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

well there is a flip side to that coin ;)

How about making sure that some tenants are fit to live in a land lords property ? some of the rented props we work in , u would need to wipe your feet on a door mat as u leave.

shocking disrespect for others property. They are a health hazard to work in. There are some instances were tradesman have refused to work in some props due to the way some of these people live. Had one recently were the landlord finally evicted a family the place has had to be gutted & refurbed

And these animals (imho) are going to inflict them selves on some other un-suspecting LL

Are these people all on benefits?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What one does in ones own property is your own bussiness (to an extent) but in some one else's property (LL) some of it is a total disgrace

little short of criminal damage tbh & they should be banged up for it imo

no. afaik

So they are on some form of credit?

I can't believe people are that bad?

The only time I know of someone who got burned was my sister. They let their property in a very nice area of manchester to 2 senior healthcare professionals. Unfortunately one of them lost their job, they had financial difficulties and they ended up divorcing. My sister felt sympathy for them and didnt collect rent for the last 8 months.

They left the house clean and tidy so she thought oh well.

What one does in ones own property is your own bussiness (to an extent) but in some one else's property (LL) some of it is a total disgrace

little short of criminal damage tbh & they should be banged up for it imo

Example?

Tenants being vindictive? Landlords trying to squeeze every penny out of them?

Example?

Tenants being vindictive? Landlords trying to squeeze every penny out of them?

your assumption ? Unless u have seen some of it u would not know .

urine soaked carpets , dogs & cats defacating in the house & up the path to the front door

the tenant who threw nothing away in the 7 months he lived in the prop' which included cupboards filled with bottles of his own urine that he stored.

recent one , dead rats' urine soaked carpets.

kitchens fixtures and units ripped out and sold. walls used as a note pad instead of paper. Toilets that have never ever been cleaned.

props left with used condoms & soiled under wear dumped on the floor. Gardens used to dump there un-wanted rubbish ect ect

the poor lady in a ground floor flat who was forced to get a court order on the idiot tenant above who refused to stop using his make shift shower that was dumping through her ceiling.

etc etc

your assumption ? Unless u have seen some of it u would not know .

urine soaked carpets , dogs & cats defacating in the house & up the path to the front door

the tenant who threw nothing away in the 7 months he lived in the prop' which included cupboards filled with bottles of his own urine that he stored.

recent one , dead rats' urine soaked carpets.

kitchens fixtures and units ripped out and sold. walls used as a note pad instead of paper. Toilets that have never ever been cleaned.

props left with used condoms & soiled under wear dumped on the floor. Gardens used to dump there un-wanted rubbish ect ect

the poor lady in a ground floor flat who was forced to get a court order on the idiot tenant above who refused to stop using his make shift shower that was dumping through her ceiling.

etc etc

The landlords didnt mind all that. What they couldnt stand was the fact the tenants were Guardian readers :D

Last edited:
The landlords didnt mind all that. What they couldnt stand was the fact the tenants were Guardian readers :D

No, we still mind it. But finding out they are Guardian readers, is adding insult to injury.

I can't believe people are that bad?

The only time I know of someone who got burned was my sister. They let their property in a very nice area of manchester to 2 senior healthcare professionals. Unfortunately one of them lost their job, they had financial difficulties and they ended up divorcing. My sister felt sympathy for them and didnt collect rent for the last 8 months.

They left the house clean and tidy so she thought oh well.

It does happen, Life of Grime doesn't do it justice......

When we can't complete requested works in tenanted properties, the client clearly wants to know why.
So we take photos, to justify our position.
We've got hundreds of such photos on our system.
Clearly, not the sort of stuff that we could put "out there" on the internet: contract ender.

Everything from newspapers piled from floor to ceiling in every room (and his transit van as well, as it happened), through evidently having never cleaned the kitchen ever (how they all hadn't died of food poisoning, I'll never understand), through to keeping three large German shepherds in the house but never taking them out for walks (too lazy), but letting them shoite in the house.....

I remember one woman who let her dogs p!ss in the kitchen, "because it has a tiled floor"......

Amazingly, Michael Gove has at last jumped on the bandwagon. Criticising Tax Dodgers and profiteering privatised utilities? There must be an election coming up. He needs some popularity.

pobs-programme.jpg

Michael Gove

"He complained that water firms had paid out almost all of their £18bn profits to shareholders, instead of re-investing it in mending leaks and protecting the environment.

And he named names: The boss of United Utilities taking home £2.8m a year; the head of Severn Trent, £2.4m.

The secretary of state said last year Anglian and Southern paid zero corporation tax, whilst Thames has paid no corporation tax for a decade.

He suggested: "Some of their best brains appear to be as intent on financial engineering as much as real engineering.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43250430

Sponsored Links
Back