Great news for Billionaire Tax-dodging multinationals

ohhhhh hatejob, you should read the article more carefully.

Try again.

"across Europe it was backed by 444 MEPs to just 110 who voted against."

It was a vote in the European Parliament.

Didn't you know that the European Parliament contains MEPs that are not all British?

Great to see that the MEPs who bothered to vote are 4 to 1 in favour of cracking down on tax-dodgers.

You wouldn't get that result is a UK Parliament which contains a large number of Conservative and DUP Members.

Can you detect who's soft on tax-dodging?
I did read it, that is why I said 24 Tory,ukip , DUP were amongst the 110 who voted against, Kinkytrot had worded his post to suggest these 24 were the only ones who voted against. A lot of labour meps didn't vote.

Sponsored Links
Is Brig still attempting to avoid the fact that the source of the problem is laws which have been written to facilitate international tax-dodging?

No. I am merely pointing out the fallacy of you keep posting the same thing, in the hope that repeating them will make it true.
Please let HMRC know what you know about Amazon Services.
Please post their reply.

Were they the only ones? No, 110 voted against, I counted 24 Tory,ukip & dup so plenty more from elsewhere. Why do you have to post such misleading statements ?

The "elsewhere" you mention is the other countries in the EU.

Labour, Liberal Democrat, SNP, Plaid, and Green MEPs present all voted in favour of the plan. None voted against.

No Tories or Kippers voted in favour.

A clear pattern.

If you look at the linked article, note the heading "These are the British MEPs who voted against plans to crack down on corporate tax dodging"

Sponsored Links
one of the largest tax havens:Luxembourg

Who was the prime minister there for over a decade: Yup the EU's president Druncker

Luxembourg has been the tax haven of choice of many corporations and mega-rich individuals around the world since the 1970s. It has thrived as a tax haven due to its political and economic stability and huge tax incentives, encouraging foreign companies to move there.

The country's small state government has provided offshore bank holders with top-notch confidentiality and asset protection for years. Luxembourg's tax system allows hundreds of U.S. corporations to store massive chunks of their business outside their home countries, which cuts billions from tax bills.

Favorable Tax Laws
Luxembourg draws the largest corporations from around the world that are seeking asylum from large corporate taxation, specifically in countries such as the United States where the corporate tax rate of 35% was once the third-highest in the world. In comparison, Luxembourg has a corporate tax rate of 21%. Although, as of 2018, that's now the maximum U.S. corporate tax rate as well, Luxembourg offers other tax advantages.

For example, Luxembourg charges foreign corporations an extremely low tax rate to send money into and out of the country. Corporations that funnel profits through Luxembourg are charged around 1%. This is a huge incentive for large corporations that have the opportunity to save billions in corporate tax bills by moving cash to Luxembourg at such low rates.

The Bottom Line
Luxembourg is the most notable tax haven around the world. The country offers secrecy and advantageous tax laws for large corporations. U.S. corporations such as PepsiCo, Inc., American International Group, Inc. and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. are well-known for creating subsidiaries and branches in offshore tax havens such as Luxembourg to cut taxes.

Why do you want me to do that?

Have you done it?

Have you read my initial post?

Because you clearly think they're making profits beyond what they're paying tax on.

No, because I don't.

Yes; have you edited it without it showing?

making profits beyond what they're paying tax on.

Yes, indeed they are. What makes you presume that is primarily an HMRC matter? Are you suggesting that HMRC aren't doing their job?

And Tories and Kippers voted against. None voted in favour.

Can you see a pattern yet?

Is there a point to what you say? What is it?

And Tories and Kippers voted against. None voted in favour.

Can you see a pattern yet?

Is there a point to what you say? What is it?
The point I am making is that in kinkys post he worded it in such a way as to imply the 24 were the ONLY people who voted against it, when in fact 110 voted against it, and more didn't vote at all.

No, but you are.

You are wrong.

Perhaps you are misinformed, perhaps you are a troll.

Tax laws in the UK are made by the government, not by HMRC.

Observe my earlier reply.

Write to your MEP (while you have one) and your MP to say that you disapprove of tax-dodgers being given an easy ride, and support multi-national efforts to close the net on multi-national dodgers.

Vote for someone opposed to tax-dodging, and tell them why

Read the party manifestos and comment on the attitude (if any) to tax-dodging. One political party is particularly sympathetic to tax-dodging billionaires, so will not take action unless forced into it.

It's possible that you won't find it mentioned much in the mass media, so inactive citizen will remain in ignorance.

Can you guess why?

View attachment 145923

Read my first post.

1) does it mention HMRC? No

2) does it mention the government? Yes

You are talking nonsense when you falsely claim that I attribute responsibility for this shameful shambles to HMRC.

With the UK pinched by Austerity, and a county having difficulty meeting its legal obligation to provide services to the disabled and needy, isn't it a shame that we don't have a government willing to treat the rich as firmly as it does the poor?

Amazon Services cuts tax bill in the UK to £4.6m despite a rise in profits and revenues of just under £2bn

"Amazon paid less corporation tax in the UK in 2017 even as it increased revenues and profits from its operations.

The company's UK logistics arm, Amazon UK Services, paid just £4.6m in tax in the year ending December 2017, down from £7.4m the previous year, according to a filing on Companies House.

The lower payment to the UK taxman comes despite an increase in operating profit at the tech behemoth. Amazon's UK operating profit grew to £79m up from around £26m the previous year.

An Amazon spokesman said the company pays all taxes required in the UK."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/08/02/amazon-tax-bill-uk-falls-28m-despite-rise-profits/

Perhaps our next government will be less generous. The EU is starting to crack down on tax-dodgers. We should too.

Do not be disingenuous.
John's comment was in response to yours:
Because he is left wing and hates anybody making money.
You were referring to JohnD. He responded likewise.
Now you are being duplicitous and affecting innocence:
Notch is right-wing and hates to see working people earning a decent wage.
A quote from me a few posts above.
The difference is I dont whinge about it constantly

Sponsored Links
Back