Should I add 2 rotary turbine vents to attic to reduce heat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I add 2 rotary turbine vents to attic to reduce heat?

Goal: Reduce heat in attic. Attic probably about 1200sq feet-a guess. House is 2 story 2400 sq feet.

House is in Charlotte, NC and the summers can get quite hot with the heat index. House is 12 years old. Brick front, vinyl siding.

The vents that reside in the attic are (non clogged-clean) soffit vents and several ridge vents. In the attic are 2 furnaces and 2 AC units.

I do not want to make things worse but rather better or in this case cooler in the attic to help keep the upstairs of the home cooler. AC units are fine, sized right and not leaking.

I am getting a new roof soon via insurance due to hail/wind damage.

I was wondering if adding 1-2 rotary turbine vents and/or a foil radiant barrier on attic sloping joists would benefit me in the summer months?

I certainly do not want to create a vacuum situation where cool air might be pulled from house into attic.

Thanks so much for any informed input
I appreciate it

Sincerely
Peter

Sponsored Links
By jove this is a UK based Forum old chap, any regulars here are unlikely to be familiar with the types of system to which you are referring and their effectiveness. You would be better off asking on a US based Forum. Golly is that the time, time for my cocoa. Ta ta for now. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back