should I add a ch thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
moved into this house last year, boiler installed about 10 years ago but given clean bill of health at recent service. there is no room stat installed, although all
rads have TRVs - should I fit one?

I think it would help in the winter when we get some freezing nights when I don't want the ch onnormal heat all night but at a low level to keep the chill off.

where should it be fitted? we have a kitchen dinner and a living room with open staircase downstairs.

Sponsored Links
1) yes

2) in the room you use most, provided it has no other source of significant heat such as an open fire.

You can get a programmable stat such as the Honeywell CM907 which can be set to automatically maintain a lower temperature during the night and get warmer at getting-up time.

The room the stat is in shouldn't have a TRV on the radiator.

The pros for the CMT907 are:

It learns the characteristics of the house and system; set the timer to when you WANT the required temp and it will call for heat so eg, 21 degrees is reached by 07:00. No more guesswork.

It has 6 time periods over a 24 hour period.

The cons are: I dunno. Can't think of any, other than the tawts from the council removed mine and replaced it with a right abortion.
I'll be putting the CMT907 back soon. Watch this space.

Sponsored Links
thanks, sounds like good advice all - I'll have a look at wiring routes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back