Should I change from Combi to Traditional Boiler to shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I have a conundrum. We currently have a Worcester 15/19 Oil fired Combi boiler serving our large 3 bed house. Its regularly serviced and maintained, although we do live in a hard water area.

Everything works fine with our boiler apart from the fact that I am annoyed every morning by the lack of heat and flow in our en-suite shower.

We now want to upgrade our main bathroom with a shower over the bath and have considered whether (because of the poor shower) we should fit an electric shower. However, it seems that we would be better upgrading our boiler to make sure both showers work effectively.

So my query for all you in the know - is whether we should get a more powerful combi boiler or whether we should buy a traditional boiler? Can someone give me an indication of how much it would cost (over and above the boiler price) to fit an immersion heater and tank in the loft etc etc ?

Also, has anyone got any bright ideas of why our shower should be so bad in the first place ?

Thank you !

Sponsored Links
I have a Worcester 12/14 Heatslave combi, and its possible to get a superb shower. Indeed in the summer there can be 2 showers going at the same time which is impressive.
However, the volume of water coming out can only be as good as water going in, so this could be an issue with yours.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back