Should I consider an electric combi-boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of renovating a 3 bedroom semi and need to install a heating system. There is no gas to the property/ village and I am concerned about rising costs of LPG and Oil. I don't have the money to install an expensive "green" system, but was wondering if I should go with an electric combi-boiler from Thermaflow. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Thermaflow units are ok, a bit expensive, there are cheaper makes, with these types of units it is important to get the right electricity tariff, Economy 10 or Economy 20000, this ensures you can heat the unit cheaper, also ensure the unit is sized correctly for your property.

If you are worried out the price of oil or LPG, then you will have a heart attack when you get your first electricity bill....

Fit an oil boiler. some can be fitted outside. They have good oil combis as well. Insulate and draftproof as much as possible. You can insulate behind kitchen cupboards and units with foam. It all adds you and out of sight. The wall area these units take up is quite substantial in kitchens.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all of that! The general consensus then would be that I'm better off looking at an oil boiler...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back