Should I have a pumped shower?

And suppose location and time of year near farmers fields.
If that's not a serious comment and you're trying to be smarta$$, then can I suggest that it's time to be quiet .... silly person

The house is 1990's vintage and what I'm anticipating is that the downstairs cold feeds (2 Sinks/Cloakroom Basin/Toilet) are all at mains pressure, but I'll check before ripping anything out.

Can I suggest that a proper design is undertaken - You need to understand what the system will need to cater for, what you expect from it as far a usability is concerned and what the cold mains can deliver - as a starting point.

If you are talking about structural works, new CWSC, and everything else to increase capacities then I would suggest that there may be better alternatives, i.e. unvented, as I suggested before.

Sponsored Links
If that's not a serious comment and you're trying to be smarta$$, then can I suggest that it's time to be quiet .... silly person

Don't be a tit.

I have a customer with great pressure in the winter but some times on some days in the summer it dwindles.

Don't be a tit.
:ROFLMAO: ... that's rich coming from you .... and that's why I said "IF"
If that's not a serious comment and you're trying to be smarta$$,
it was subjective .... all you needed to say was yes it was a serious comment and explained about your client, like everyone else on here would, rather than leave it where it could quite easily be read as taking the pi$$ and reply with that

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: ... that's rich coming from you .... and that's why I said "IF"

it was subjective .... all you needed to say was yes it was a serious comment and explained about your client, like everyone else on here would, rather than leave it where it could quite easily be read as taking the pi$$ and reply with that

Maybe you could choose your words a little better. You left me feeling Violated distressed & unable to choose what cereal from the Kellogg's Variety Pack.

I eventually had the Suger puffs. But I found it all a bit to much to shallow on a beautiful Sunday morning.

If you've had a bad night's sleep then you might want to think about taking deep breaths.

Sponsored Links
Yes moving swiftly on.
I hadn't considered an unvented system because............... Well mostly cos I didn't know enough it appears.
I figured it 'Required' a system type boiler, and the boiler I will have is a 6 Month old Main Heat only boiler.

Know that I realise you can use a heat only boiler in an unvented system, I'll look into replacing the vented system with an unvented one, I think my next door neighbour to be is a plumber...............

Maybe you could choose your words a little better. You left me feeling Violated distressed & unable to choose what cereal from the Kellogg's Variety Pack.

I eventually had the Suger puffs. But I found it all a bit to much to shallow on a beautiful Sunday morning.

If you've had a bad night's sleep then you might want to think about taking deep breaths.
Sugar Puffs aren't even kellogg's, what kind if heathen variety packs are you buying!!!

Yes moving swiftly on.
I hadn't considered an unvented system because............... Well mostly cos I didn't know enough it appears.
I figured it 'Required' a system type boiler, and the boiler I will have is a 6 Month old Main Heat only boiler.

Know that I realise you can use a heat only boiler in an unvented system, I'll look into replacing the vented system with an unvented one, I think my next door neighbour to be is a plumber...............
Your 6 month old main HO will be more than suitable. Just ensure that your neighbour chap is a G3/UVHW/HWSS qualified plumber.

Yes moving swiftly on.

If you go for a Jab or something similar then the cost could well be cheaper than replacing CWST as well as the pump additional pipework and insulation.

If you took a leaf out of your own book then maybe it wouldn't even have got to this point.

Anyway ... moving on swiftly >>>>>> :arrow:

Don't think so. You started this, and there really was no need for any of it on a Sunday.

So let's move on.

If you go for a Jab or something similar then the cost could well be cheaper than replacing CWST as well as the pump additional pipework and insulation.
I didn't know what a Jab was so had to look it up :)
From reading other threads Joule seems to crop up quite often as a recommendation.
I've got in touch with the chap who replaced the boiler 6 Months ago, to see if he would be prepared to carry out the works.

From reading other threads Joule seems to crop up quite often as a recommendation.
I've got in touch with the chap who replaced the boiler 6 Months ago, to see if he would be prepared to carry out the works.

Megaflow is more likely top brand & quality but a hell of a lot of money.

Don't think so. You started this
Talk about least word determination - Wrong, you started it, your response was construed as being erroneous and possibly arrogant, hence the subjective response, all you needed to do was explain that you were being serious and I would have responded in kind but you didn't, you had to get abusive .... so who started what.

As I said and others agreed ... moving on swiftly ... but guess you still won't.

Talk about least word determination - Wrong, you started it, your response was construed as being erroneous and possibly arrogant, hence the subjective response, all you needed to do was explain that you were being serious and I would have responded in kind but you didn't, you had to get abusive .... so who started what.

As I said and others agreed ... moving on swiftly ... but guess you still won't.
As you said let's move on.

I'll let you read your PMs from your fans.

Can't say I've ever heard them recommended either, I wouldn't recommend a megaflow either, I tend to see more issues with megaflows that I do with other makers.

Joule are well known, Gledhill and Telford do good midrange units, then you have the Vaillant's and Viesmann's, they tend to be more expensive, it all really comes down to your price point. Most come with long warranties as long as they are serviced regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back