Should I insulate this area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The picture shows the 4th floor of my house which has stairs coming up into the room. I have some issues with how to insulate different parts of the roof but in this post I am specifically asking about the highlighted area in the voids.

There is nothing between the roof and the ceiling on the floor below in the void space, which I'm guessing makes the rooms on the 3rd floor colder than it could/should be. Therefore, I was going to lay 170mm loft roll in between the struts in the voids and tuck it in as far under the floorboards as i can. And run 100mm accross this to create the 270mm thickness. Is this ok? Any issues?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, theres nothing wrong with it, infact, if you didnt stuff the insulation down there, you would loose alot of heat.

The void space between the 3rd and 4th floors can also be filled but its not really nessersary unless you have plenty of money to burn, and heat that gets lost on the 3rd floor will simply rise towards the 4th, so you dont really loose all of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back