Should I replace this pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grunfos pump, 15-60, that started ticking, possibly 3 months ago.
Initially I didn't really pay too much attention to it as it didn't sound too sinister at all. When I changed the pump speed to the middle setting the ticking stopped. I didn't think this was a major problem so I left it on the high setting. Yesterday the ticking stopped and the pump doesnt seem to work at all on the high speed (III).

When I put it on the middle setting (II) it seem to be working fine without any apparant problem. Only thing is I cannot get it to work on the high speed.

I don't know how old is this pump, do I need a new pump? or can it be fixed?

If a new one is needed, how easy is it to replace it myself (there are 2 valves - above and below the pump). Is it simply a spanner job and connecting the cable the same way as the old pump is connected? or are there any other materials or equipment involved?

thanks in advance, Ben.

Sponsored Links
Replace it. Not worth trying to repair.

You will need a good set of pump grips. You may also find the pump isolating valves do not shut off fully and need replacing as well.

If they are the slotted screw variety they will definately leak once turned off :cry:

+1

Pump gate valves never shut off properly - Your old seals may not be that good either, so get some new seals :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back