Should I seal drive way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to jet wash my drive generally once or twice a year as I'm on busy road and it gets dirty. The drive is big paving slabs, not the grey concrete ones but a kind of mixed yellow / orange colour with a texture.

After jet washing and drying they look clean but a bit washed out, when they have rain on them they look good it brings out the colour in the them. I was thinking to maintain this wet look or bring out the colour more I should put a seal on it but have a few questions,

1. Everytime I jet wash the drive will I need to re-seal ?

2. Should I have been sealing the drive anyway after jet washing, I ask because overtime the slabs have got dirty alot quicker after cleaning ?

3. I've seen people on youtube seal the drive by spraying the seal on using a pump spray, would this give me good results on a textured surface or should I stick with a roller ?

ta

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back