Should I upgrade central heating pump?

Proportional Pressure (PP) setting "C" seems to fit the requirements well.

View attachment 288400
Ah right…is there any benefit to using PP versus CS out of interest? I can see that there does seem to be a marginal energy saving

Edit- sorry I can see you have already answered the above query. Missed it. I’ve now put it at the PP setting. Thanks again for all your advice!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There's no saving if you are running the heating system as you were when you took the readings at CS2. But (relatively) very big savings if your heating demand falls to a level where you only require say 1/2 the original flowrate. CS2 will then run with a head of 5.95M to give that reduced flow and require ~ 28W but if c/o to PP3 the flow will fall a little below "1/2" at a 3.8M head but the TRVs will then open up a little and the final PP readings shou;ld be ~ 4.0M and require only 19W. Also the pump should be whisper quiet at the reduced RPM.
My pump runs between a max of ~ 22/24W and a minimum of 14/16W.

1670613916620.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back