should my boiler do this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have got a Worcester 28i boiler.I have just noticed that the pump will run for approx 5-10 miutes sometimes every morning at eight o,clock sometimes not .I can hear water ciculating round the system.This happens with the central heating controls switched to off and when it happens none of the lights on the boiler come on,also the boiler does not fire up.While the weather is warm I only draw hot water from the boiler with CH turned off.I have read the manuals that came with the boiler and cannot find anything relating to why this is happening.The boiler is approx 5 years old.Is this normal for this boiler?.regards

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.When I had the boiler seviced by a Worcsester engineer last year I mentioned what the boiler was doing and he did all the tests on the boiler looking for a fault and found every thing ok.I thought it might be what Glasgowgas said but the engineer thought not and looked for a fault.regards

Should the Anti seize pump test only come on if boiler has not fired a all in a 24 hour period. Which seeing as guy is there i would imagine is not the case

I agree that the anti seize procedure should only operate if the boiler has NOT been used during the previous 24 hours. I am also surprised that its for so long as must only run the pump for about 30 seconds.

If its still doing the antiseize when the boiler has been used then it is presumably a minor logic error on the PCB but this is an expensive part to replace if the boiler is outside the warrantee period.

In any case its not doing any harm!

Just to make sure! Could anyone else in the house be doing ANYTHING to prompt the boiler ( like flushing a toilet ) ?

Tony

Boiler is on a service contract and on last service, engineer changed pcb
board has he said it was buzzing a bit?.I do go away for two weeks at a time and I turn my domestic water off when away.As I have said in previous post the heating has not been on and I have only used the hot water when at home.Sometimes the pump has run two days on the trot for approx 5 miutes duration.Should I give worcester another call or would you wait till the next service and get it sorted then ,next service due in March 2010.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back