Should oil boilers be serviced periodically by law?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've only had an oil boiler for around a year and a half so it is all still relatively new to me....

What I wondered was whether the law states that oil boilers must be serviced once or year (or some other period), or whether this is just a recommendation....

Also, as we use a boiler quite minimally (spend under well under £500 per year) does this mean we need it serviced less often or does it make no difference?

Two other questions:

- should we install a carbon monoxide detector near the boiler?
- are there any websites I should check out to find a good reputable "boiler servicer" in my area. The guy I used last time did not impresser me much!

Cheers

Max

Sponsored Links
There is no law that state's u must have a boiler serviced !

however there are legal responsibilities on "landlords" who rent property ?

Co detector would be a good idea for any house hold that use's appliances that burn gas oil ect afaik they are now compulsory for solid fuel installs ??

U would be advised to get your boiler serviced annually , there are some oil fella's that post in here that are in your area ( I think )

In some states in europe Austria for instance (?) it is compulsary ( by law ) to have a boiler serviced / checked every year !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back