Should Part P get scrapped?

You're talking about giving credence to legislative and safety proposals from people who cannot tell the difference between this: .... and this: .... Or who don't think that such things are of any importance when they are demanding changes.
Good grief - how many times do I need to say it? :) I am sure that most of the people in question fully understand the difference, and know which they want 'scrapped' - but are merely expressing themselves badly.

If someone writes/says something which is not being expressed correctly, one should seek clarification from them and, if appropriate, help them understand the correct language - not questoon their mental capacity and say that they should be taken seriously or given credence (or worse, as often happens).

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Part P itself should stay but with greater controls

An electricians license scheme should be brought in (all the schemes to can have there own cards but a common grading based on qualifications not a "competency" based pile of crap that it currently is). With all new DI's given a provisional license for a year

Higher bar of entry to a scheme, 17th edition is a joke (some even let you join if you get your 17th within a year

Domestic Installers to be only allowed to work in Domestic properties

Schemes to show how many people they fail per year (i'm guessing its less than 1%)

And a controversial one someone high up in one of the schemes told me that DI's should never advertise themselves as an electrician (if they're not JIB)

Good grief - how many times do I need to say it? :) I am sure that most of the people in question fully understand the difference, and know which they want 'scrapped' - but are merely expressing themselves badly.
OK, fine.

Then ignore the lazy careless fools until they can be rsed to do things properly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back