Should Wetwall be installed above or behind a shower tray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings to all,
I'm in the middle of installing a 900mm corner shower cubicle in my bathroom and can't determine if i should install the shower tray infront of the wetwall or should I install the shower tray first then fit the wetwall.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks,
Rusty Scot

Sponsored Links
Shower tray then wetwall on top. Does the tray have an upstand? Does the wetwall come with a kit of special trims including a seating bead for the tray? How are you fixing the board to the wall?

Thanks for such a swift reply Rigidraider

i) I don't know if the shower tray has an upstand (what is an upstand) the Tray's being shipped this weekend

ii) The Wetwall has an Internal angle trim and an end profile trim but that's all.

iii) The wetwall is being stuck to a new aquapanel wall using a 6mm bead of Gripfill in a zig zag pattern

Thanks again

Rusty Scot

An upstand is a raised lip around the edges of the tray, over which you tile or board. It reduces the risk of leaks. Some trays come either with or without it.

Worth checking your tray has this and even amending the order?

Sponsored Links
I recently installed Multipanel by Grant Westfield and was advised to fit the Multipanel down on to the shower tray. Although both methods of installation are acceptable.I found the Multipanel to be very fast instalation. They do not invalidate their 10 year guarantee if you use any available sealants. They do provide a special bottom seal if prefered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back