Shower advice please Mira event xs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have one of these where shower is passing water when on dial is at off, it seems to be passing both hot and cold but luckily the hot feed had a gate valve off top of cylinder and was a separate draw off from rest of hot taps so have stopped it passing temporarily by puting thermostat to the hottest position.

I'm a little confused as the cold is still coming out even though the mains to flat is off, so there must be a shared cold tank somewhere that is feeding the shower. I will have to find it to replace shower as there are no isolation valves that I can find.

Are these showers noisy does anyone know? As I was just going to replace like for like?
Customer just bought flat and got keys yesterday and it happened the first time he tried to turn shower off he said it was very noisy too is this normal for these? Not noisy anymore as nothing is happening.

Also found that it isn't earthed at all and is actually coming off the lights circuit, could this be why it's damaged do you think?

I will be getting a sparky to rewire correctly.

Sponsored Links
Are these showers noisy does anyone know? As I was just going to replace like for like?
Yes, they are very noisy.
They are gravity fed devices which require both hot and cold supplies, the main unit is just a pump and mixing valve.

Also found that it isn't earthed at all and is actually coming off the lights circuit, could this be why it's damaged do you think?
No. They are rated at less than 1A, so connecting to a lighting circuit is not actually a problem. Usually connected via a 3A fused spur.

No earth IS a problem and must be sorted before the thing is used again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back