Shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my shower , at the moment I have a 9.5 kw electric shower. i'm looking to get the best shower to suite the system . Hot water is supplied by an ariston microgenus 27 mffi , the cold is mains.
I wondered if a thermostatic type shower would be better than an electric shower or if a power shower is a possibility. any advice appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hi-spec. Is there anything I should lookout for or avoid, I've seen a Triton dove, I think .at the merchants for £60 , any good?

Sponsored Links
So far i think Electric showers would best be for you.Electric showers offer a selection of power ratings, starting with a basic, low cost unit, to a high performance model. If you prefer a more powerful shower, simply choose a higher kilowatt rating for a greater flow rate, giving you the desired showering performance.

Why don’t you install A mixer shower.this shower uses a valve to blend your hot and cold water supplies to achieve the showering temperature and flow that you desire. Mixer showers, or valves, as they are sometimes referred to, draw hot and cold water from your household supplies and are ideal for homes that have a readily available supply of stored hot water. They can also be used if you have a combination boiler or multi point water heater.They give a higher flow rate than an electric shower, but are not as powerful as a power shower – unless you add an additional pump to boost the flow.

keep the electric shower its a great back up when your combi boiler fails.

"If you prefer a more powerful shower, simply choose a higher kilowatt rating for a greater flow rate"

You must make sure the cable is able to handle a higher wattage shower...unless you want to melt it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back