Shower Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace an ageing shower unit and thermostatic valve. It's supplied by a Watermill pump(which won't be replaced) from a domestic indirect heating system. We use the existing shower with/without the pump depending on how vigorous a shower we want.

I'm thinking of replacing valve and shower unit with a Grohe Grohtherm 2000EV. I've seen Grohe used in lots of hotels so assume it's good quality and I like the look of the exposed bar type valve.

Please advise whether you think Grohe is a good brand and if you think the product I've mentioned is a good choice for my application. I'm happy to consider others if you think I can do better.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
The Grohe Valves are excellent, I must have fitted 20 + Grohtherm 1000 exposed (bar style) valves and quite a few 2000's, mainly built in valves with the Divertors leading to talentofills/Exafills.

They get my thumbs up, when/if you get the valve, the sheer weight of the unit will make you know that you made the right choice.

I often do maintenance work on the old, old Grohe valves, all parts are still available, and Grohe are actually localish to me in Egham so i like dealing with them.

What shower valve do you have at present??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back