Shower and bath options with poor water flow!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help me!

Im slowly renavating my cottage and got the plumbers into fit a new central heating system and Combi boiler (Grant Outdoor 90) end of last year. Im at the bathroom stage now and just wondering what my options were regarding the shower and bath, as the flow rate isnt that good on the hot water side.

Theyve used 15mm pipe right after the 22mm stopcock in the bathroom, right through to the boiler outside, (at the back of the cottage) then back again for the hot water. By the time the hot water gets back to the bathroom at the end of the line, the flow is pretty poor. I did a rough flow test, mains cold water is 16L/min, and by the time the hot water comes through from the boiler, the flow is 6L/min.

Whats the best thing to do? Could I fit a tank and pump in the loft and boost the whole system or can you get a imersion heater tank that I could put in the loft and just use it for bath and shower and fit a shower pump? Or would I have to upgrade the pipes to 22mm, to and from the boiler, (bearing in mind the kitchen floor would have to come up and also route pipes through a couple of rooms to get to the boiler!)

I like my baths but wanting a good mixer shower too, in case if I havnt much time, so please help me with some suggestions!!

Ta in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back