shower and combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace an 8.5kw shower, but I have a combi boiler. Do I need a specific type of shower, or can I buy any one. Our combi boiler is approx 2 years old, and the shower and all its fittings were in place long before the combi was installed (8 years) so can I just do a straight swap??? :confused: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You cant fit a power shower to a combi system, it pulls the water from the boiler so fast it cant heat it up.

Go with one of the higher powered electric showers (10 -11KW) ONLY IF YOUR WIRING TO THE SHOWER IS ADEQUATE. Get an electrician to do this of consult the elec section on this forum on IEE wiring regs.

If you have a hot water cylinder in addition to your combi, you can fit a power shower, but it must draw it's hot water from this.

why not go for a thermostatic mixer shower, you said you have a combi boiler, so you should have balanced pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back