Shower and Washer Drain to same place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I built a dog shower, with a store bought shower bottom. I built a box for the shower to sit on and then built up three walls around the shower. The shower was built where an old kitchen sink was plumbed. The washer plums down to the same hole the shower is plumbed to. There is no washer and dryer connected at this time.

My problem is the shower drain is backing up, or draining too slow. After 1-2 minutes of letting the water run, the bottom of the shower starts to fill with water. We used 2 inch plastic piping to plumb with, because that's what we were told to use.

I'm wondering if the problem is because my husband used a T piece to connect the washer plumbing to the shower plumbing, which then drains down to the ground.

Maybe it's a vent issue? This building is pretty old.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for yor responce, I will treat the problem as a blockage and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back