Shower Assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a walk in shower at the Ideal Home exhibition last year. I'm only just getting round to fitting it as we have had extensive building work carried out since June. The instructions have been translated from German and the diagrams are not at all clear. The company we bought from are Mansell and Wells up in the Bedford area. Has anyone any experience of this company? or know where we might get better instructions from? I have emailed them today but I need to get on with the project. The Model is FS-803 - it's 1200 x 800 with a quarter round sliding door. The main thing I would like to ask is do I fix the frame onto the tiling or do I butt the tiles upto the frame inside? This would seem preferable to minimise the risk of water leaking round the frame. I know this is a long shot as there are thousands of shower designs but you never know someone might just have had one of these in the past! Cheers

Sponsored Links
Preferable to fix frame onto tiles running silicone sealant between tiles and frame

Tile first, and fix frame to tiles. As a rule of thumb, seal the inside edge of the verticals of frame, and the outside edge at the base, extending about 6" up the vertical.
The theory is any water passing the vertical seal runs down between the frame and tiles, gets caught by the outside seal at the base, and runs back into the shower tray.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back