Shower base prep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next job is putting the shower tray in. It's low profile (25mm) stone resin. I'm going belt and braces on the solid base, though still want it as flush as possible. So I propose to work on the floor in photo to add as much noggin as possible to more or less fill the whole 1200x800 area. I have pipes as you can see, so it won't be 100%. Where there are larger simpler areas, I will add noggin lower than joist for 18mm ply. All to lie flush with joist tops. The waste is central and next to wall, so very little unsupported due to that. Then due to this diligence, just 6mm ply over whole area. Obviously screwed to high-heaven! Then thinset to bed the tray on to. This takes the finished height to just a few mm above the finished Karndean level.

Any problem with that?

Sponsored Links
shower-floor.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's a lot of faffing about to save a few mm in height by the sound of it. I wouldn't bother trying to fix noggins, just use 18 mm ply, it will be more solid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back