Shower/ Bathroom Extractor's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am concidering fitting some sort of extractor to my Bathroom. Either through the wall or over the shower and into the loft.
If I did the latter, and go into the loft how do you then get the extraction outside? Do you have to bring it back down somewhere first. Is it possible to have both and combine both.

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
You might be able to poke a pipe through the eaves or soffit from the loft if you have a good wide gap, but my prefernece is to use a 105mm core drill (you can hire it) and cut a neat round hole through the wall. The fan duct fits this and you can easily mortar round the ends and redecorate. The fan spigot then fits into the duct. You put a plastic cowl with an anti-draft flap on the outside (void the ones like venetian blinds, they rattle annoyingly in the wind).

Don't put it directly above the bath or shower or you would be obliged to have a low-voltage one.

SELV not necessarily needed. If your fan is IPX4 and RCD-protected, it can be LV, ie 230V.

Thanks for the Information. Just one more question if possible.

Should the fan be wired into the lighting circuit or the ring main. on a fused spur.

Sponsored Links
lighting circuit. You want it to come on when you turn the light on, every time. with no conscious user action required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back