Shower booster pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Just had a shower booster pump fitted, need to connect to power. Can I take a feed off the boiler circuit, fit an RCD fused spur, then connect the shower pump? Don't want to spur off upstairs ring, as that already has a RCD protecting it. Just need to know if this is acceptable, or wif it will be flagged as a failure on the next PIR.
Thanks lorry

Sponsored Links
Just take a standard FCU from the ring circuit.

The fact it is already RCD protected is a good thing.

Where are you planning to locate your new FCU?

Hi RFL, thanks for quick reply, the FCU will be on the bathroom wall, landing side, so just need to run up the cavity to the shower. The reason I didn't want to connect to the ring is having no discrimination between the 2 RCD's, could cause all upstairs to trip when only he shower at fault.

tut tut RF...

you forgot to mention part P...

and it's too late and I'm too drunk to be bothered..

see the wiki..

Sponsored Links
didn't see that part.. like I said, it was late and I was drunk..

luckily, I'm one of the few people who rarely get a hangover.. it depends what I'm drinking..

Cider gives me hangovers but beer and whiskey doesn't..

Thanks for your help, I'll take the double socket plate off on the landing, fit a duel box, then put the fcu & single socket on, job sorted. Just to confirm, both the pump & fcu are outside the bathroom.
Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back