Shower Cartridge + other advice needed


21 Jun 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am basically moving from a gravity fed system to a combi and my fitter mentioned that the current shower I have might not be a high pressure one and that similar shower mixers to mine have cartridges/filters which can be changed into high pressure ones, which would then save me the hassle of having to install a completely new shower system.

I’ve looked online and can’t even seem to find the model of my shower in order to find this cartridge, so I was just wondering if anybody on here might have the same or similar system?

The brand is 'Meynell' and the closest i could find was this:

Also on my existing shower i have just tried to remove the 'handle' part so that i could have a look at the cartridge itself but i have tried literally every sized allen key, every size flathead and x-head screwdriver and i can't seem to get the screw out in order for me to take off the handle:

is there a specific type of screwdriver that i need in order to get this screw out? it also looks like it is totally smooth in the actual screw, normally you can see a shape (hexagon, flathead, Xhead) so you know what shape tool you need but to me it looks completely smooth on the inside so im not sure if thats the problem?

any advice appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
It's an allen grub screw. You need an allen key to remove it.

You may find though that it is ok for both, depending on how high the pressure of your mains is. It does say it's suitable for all systems, so i'd try it as is.

Your fitter should really be able to review and advise (and take that grub screw out)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links