Shower Cubicle Tiling Advice Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Soon i will be installing my shower, the tray is already installed and secure

It looks like the cubicle itself gets screwed onto the wall at the edge and on the inside there are these lips which i guess are where the tiles go into and are sealed nicely. Not too sure if this is what it is for though.
Secondly, what do i do where the tiles meet the tray, should i be purchasing one of those bath sealant stips, these are the strips that attach to baths and give a decent seal to tile to, are the specific shower ones?
Lee

Sponsored Links
Don’t use self adhesive plastic seals they look totally naff. Leave a 2mm gap between the bottom of the tiles & top of the shower tray & apply a bead of quality sanitary silicone sealer. You should also silicone down the shower corners rather than use grout which can crack; also silicon the shower screen on the inside edge.

I would advise you read the Tiling Sticky & Forum Archive posts before doing any tiling or buying materials, it could prevent you making disastrous & potentially expensive mistakes. It’s important to use only quality trade tilling materials of the correct type for your tiles & tile base; cheapo own brand & DIY stuff is mostly crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back