shower tray and tile edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after some advice, i'm fitting an ensuite and want some advice on 2 things?

1st i'm only tiling half way up the wall (not including shower) and wasnt sure what to do to get a nice edge on the visable edge of the tile, silicone sealent? stright edged tile trim or round edge tile trim?(colours available dont match the tile colour), leave it?

2nd, in the shower cubicle where the tiles meet the shower tray i've so far silicone sealed the tray to the wall, then i'm going to tile all the way down, what are my options for where the tiles meet the tray? more silicone? bath trim?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
I tile all the time and dont use tile trim and looks just as good with a nice neat bead of silicone round the edge, also just tile down to the shower tray and then silicone round it after

Thanks think i'll look at tidying the edges with sealent then

Just been reading through the posts as well and now i'm quite concerned about "tanking"

The plaster on my walls I beleave is brownin? thats recently been skimmed over with a bit of repairing where it was damaged.

nothings been tanked or put around the cubicle area, the tiles i'm using are 25 x 33 BCT ceramic tiles, the adhesive is supergrip (recommended by my local tile merchant), the grout is mapei? (again recommended by the merchant), I was going to tile stright onto the wall.

What would be the best way to proceed on a budget?

Thanks

Thanks if anyones looked i've answered by own question, going to use the Dunlop shower water proofing, leave a 2mm gap between the tile and shower tray and fill with sealant.

Now to work out where I put the tape..................

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back