Shower curtain rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've been looking for a shower curtain rail and have seen some with and without a ceiling mount. I was at first going to get one of those telescopic ones but I would rather have one that is properly fixed the wall. Anyway is it best to buy a rail with a ceiling mount? I've seen one in Dunelm for about £8 odd in the sales but it doesn't have a ceiling mount. However on Amazon.co.uk there is one for about £29 but with a mount.

We'll probably have it in an 'L' shape 90cm x 90cm.

What do people recommend, with or without?

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Wall to wall it would probably be ok, but if its in an 'L', then a ceiling mount on the corner is recommended - as per PBD's reply.
John :)

Sponsored Links
So if it was straight across, wall to wall, it shouldn't need a ceiling mount? The length between the 2 walls will be about 165cm - 170cm.

Wall to wall should be okay, with a lightweight curtain, but anything at right angles I would support at ceiling also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back