Shower dilemma

n2o

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had one of those days today, fitting a Mira excel BIV that I started yesterday that should have been done last week, but the customer had the flue.

I had a delayed start this morning when I had to make a ten mile plus round trip to the merchants for some panelling, anyway about 2 hours later when test assembling the hose connecter to its wall plate I discovered that one of the bolts was binding at about mid point, when trying to remove this it became totally seized so I was left with no option but to make the 10 mile round trip back to the same merchants (where I had bought the shower last week).

Having suffered the ‘long stand’ treatment at the counter while the clock was ticking for time couldn’t charge for I showed the offending parts to the guy behind the counter. After studying it for a while he said he would have to order replacements from Mira. I said that I needed it now. He said that he couldn’t break into a boxed shower for replacements, so I told him to book out a new shower and I would return the other for credit later.

Next thing his boss is on the case and after some more time had passed appeared with the same wall plate with a new brass 4mm bolt in it. He said he had re-tapped the thread and found this new bolt that fitted.

I accepted this solution in the hope that it won’t fail in time to come, but if this solution hadn’t been found would I (already cost me an hour and a half plus transport) and my customers (with an upside down bathroom) have had to wait while the new parts were delivered from Mira or could I have insisted on a replacement shower there and then?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back