Shower door come off hinge - not sure how to secure it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in a new house and the shower door has come off the hinge at the top. There is no thread in the door so it doesn't look like it's a normal screw, maybe some form of pushed in pin or something?

Any thoughts on this? I've searched online but don't even know what terms to use and imagine there must be tons of different brands, doors, screws, etc.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sponsored Links
There was a peg sticking up at top on door, it looks to have snapped off. You might be able to bodge a repair by dropping a large flat head bolt down into door hinge from above .
Or take off the cap at the top of the door and fit a nut and bolt into the broken cap leaving end of bolt sticking up to locate into frame.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have a search for shower screen / door pivot hinge

Great, thanks! I have found some possible replacements now, just need to see if my type is in there.

There was a peg sticking up at top on door, it looks to have snapped off. You might be able to bodge a repair by dropping a large flat head bolt down into door hinge from above .
Or take off the cap at the top of the door and fit a nut and bolt into the broken cap leaving end of bolt sticking up to locate into frame.

Good ideas. At the minute I have a tea spoon shoved down there (upside down) which has worked well for the past 10 days. However we have only just moved into the house, so I'd like the repair to be a good one as we'll be here for several years.

I'll look into the peg thing you mentioned and also consider a bolt too

Is that a Bathstore shower screen?

Andy

I'm not actually sure. I can't see any markings and we've only just moved in, so not sure where it came from

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back