Broken Shower Door 'Hinge'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our glass shower door fell off and after a bit of investigation the cause was easily identified. There is a large plastic hinge which has split in two (see first picture) and we assume this is due to water and wear and tear over time. (I've pushed the two pieces together, but you can see the black crack which shows where the item has split).

There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the shower door, so ideally I'd just like to replace this part. However I don't know what this piece is called. I've no idea about the make of the shower door as it's fairly old and there doesn't appear to be any identifying names or model numbers.

Does anyone know what this part is called and where can I get a replacement part?

If it helps here is a picture of the whole shower door fitting.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You are looking for a shower door lower pivot, but I think you'll be really lucky to find an exact match.
Maybe search ebay for something similar, but it shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate something if you are handy.
John :)

You could make up a lower hinge with an L bracket and a nut and bolt, would not look very pretty but would do the job.

Thanks Burnerman and Foxhole. I'll have a look around but I think I'm going to be out of luck here. Maybe I will give it a go making one myself....

Sponsored Links
I know this was a long time ago but mine has just broken and is the same as Charles's. I superglue the plastic together and bound th unit in Gorilla tape, making sure to block all the holes, and then poured resin with hardener into the back to make it a solid unit. I will probably silicone the door to the bath to be sure.
20210629_093239.jpg
20210629_093320.jpg

Hi, Further to Nick's suggestion, I use Aradite Epoxy Adhesive, does the same job, it's been used to repair many broken items for the family.images.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back