Shower door question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower cubical which is freshly plastered ready for tiling and shower door installation.

however, somewhere down the line of my renovation the cubical has become slightly narrower than i had originally thought meaning the shower door which I've bought only just fits the gap. If was to tile the cubical, it wouldn't fit.

my question is.. do I have to mount the shower door to tile? or is it OK to mount to the plaster walls and tile up to it on the inside.

any advice? I cant send the door back as I've had it too long :(

I don't see any problems as long as I seal around the door frame properly.

that or go with the thinnest tiles I can find...

thanks

Sponsored Links
if its your only option then fit the FRAME ONLY and then do your tiling, when all finished tiling then finish the door.

make sure when youve finished that you use silicone all round for extra confidence that its sealed

ok, well the fact you didnt say "no! you can NEVER do that!!" gives me confidence :)

how bad is it to do what i propose? ive never heard of anyone installing a shower door not onto tiles. do you think i'll have loads of problems in the future?

my only alternative is to buy a new shower door and attempt to sell the one i currently have.
is it serious for me to have to do that?

thanks for the reply by the way.

Sponsored Links
its not that bad, you can still tile up to frame as if it was the edge of the wall really, then once all tiling is done you will seal it all around the frame with silicone as normal.

and no worries happy to help. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back