Shower Door Sizing

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am building a shower unit in an alcove and was planning on deciding on the door unit last but thinking about a bifold.

They seem to come in set sizes.

What I'm concerned about is getting to the door fitting stage only to realise the gap i have is not of a standard size.

Is there such a thing as a bifold door unit that has some degree of adjustability.
I'm assuming variance in frame size surrounding the actual door.
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes. They have profiles which allow for some adjustment. One profile gets fixed to wall, the door slides into it with opposite profile attached loosely to door, pivot door into position then 2nd profile is screwed to wall via a tongue on the profile, from inside the enclosure, with decor caps to hide the screw heads. Then door is positioned centrally between the profiles before being screwed through profiles to hold it in position. Usually you end up with 12 screw cover caps on display. 9 if first profile is screwed from within.

My advice... Order the door when you have finished tiling so you can be sure of the span. And, measure top, middle and bottom to get the minimum width... That will be your most important dimension for the door.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back