Shower Door Sizing

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am building a shower unit in an alcove and was planning on deciding on the door unit last but thinking about a bifold.

They seem to come in set sizes.

What I'm concerned about is getting to the door fitting stage only to realise the gap i have is not of a standard size.

Is there such a thing as a bifold door unit that has some degree of adjustability.
I'm assuming variance in frame size surrounding the actual door.
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bi-Fold doors adjust to fit a range of sizes. So for example, if you fitted a 760mm tray, you would have varying thickness of tiles/boards, plus the opening where you fitted the tray varies in size. So a door stated as 760mm may adjust from 735mm to 785mm. So the door may only be 730mm wide, but the depth of the rails allows it to fit various opening sizes.

So fit the shower tray and tile/board it out, then buy the door who's range of sizes covers your measurement.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Thank you very much.
That's reassuring and what i was hoping to hear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back