Shower extractor puzzler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Our en suite is west facing onto a large open space and the shower extractor vent ducting exits through the ceiling, into the loft and exits via a duct on the front eaves. This time of year the draught that comes in is horrendous and it actually makes the whole house freezin.
I took a shower the other day whilst we had high winds and i could feel the cold air over the hot water..
My question is, ca i get into the loft and disconnect the duct from the wall vent and hang it over an internal roof truss ??
The shower extractor only activates when the ensuite light comes on and is timed to go off 3 minutes after the light is switched off ??
Cheers in anticipation

Sponsored Links
blowing steam into the loft is a terrible idea.

Do a search on "Loft Condensation" to find out more

The outlet just needs a shutter to prevent backdraughts.

The outlet just needs a shutter to prevent backdraughts.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
I have looked for some type of new shutter but due to original vent being placed under the fascia, (facing down), the shutters would just stay open all the time.
Any suggestions ??
My neighbour said he stuck cooker hood extractor filters in his vents ????

looks like your shutters are stuck open, they should close when the fan is off :idea:

Sponsored Links
This is what i have on the external fascia
p1849286_x.jpg

This is the internal shower vent system
p2344540_x.jpg

So looking at it you can see why the draught gets through as there is no way of shutting the vents down as its a spot light system as well ???

Any ideas suggestions ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back