Shower fitting - water pipe and electric cable route

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

See attached photo for the plumbing route of the cold water inlet feed.

The electric cable also passes in at the top of the shower, which means it is going to be tricky to cover it with a conduit.

I could chase in the cable possibly? I could cover with a conduit as much as possible?
I could just use cable clips ?

Advice sought?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Attachments

• showerroute.jpg
    showerroute.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,035
Sponsored Links
Chase it in. Anything else will look pants. Although the pipework isn't pretty as it is.

Cheers ... it will look better when the shower screen is up and painted etc ... hmmm I didn't think the pipework looked that bad .... how could it look better ???

Take the pipework across underneath, and make a bottom connection, and lose the flexi!

I'd put the cable in some mini trunking if you cant chase it in, cut the end of the trunking as best you can to fit against shower casing, and seal with some silicone sealant to prevent water ingress into the shower.

Sponsored Links
There will be a fixed shower screen at the side of the bath, so going over it is the only option ... the previous owner cut a hole in the shower screen and had the pipe going into the bottom of the shower.
If I ran a pipe into the bottom it would look worse IMHO (as it would go round the shower!)

I think I'll chase it in

Have you run that cable for the shower ? is it correct size for kw of shower ? have you got RCD protection on that circuit.

Should be a cut out at the bottom for bottom entry pipework, make good the slot in the screen with silicon. Either way, lose that flexi, it is awful. Check the electrics as per above post or you'll melt something (or someone), if electric supply isn't man enough.

I have a new shower screen ... so I'm not even contemplating cutting a hole in it !!!
Maybe lose the flexi - agreed
Elec cables all OK - checked by a sparky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back